Tuesday, January 29, 2008




GREYMOUTH

We took off from our comfy beds the next morning to make the drive across the country to the west coast. We drove through Arthur’s Pass, stopping in typical fashion every 20 minutes or so (this is about the most obnoxious thing ever, by the way). We stopped for a hike up to a beautiful little waterfall around lunch time and made it to our next campsite by about 4. We spent the evening on the beach and I just walked up and down the beach with Cameron, Tyler, Ashley and Stefanie. We all have a good time together.



We stayed up pretty late that night just talking and looking through pictures. We all went to the grocery store in town that night too to stock up for our 10 hour drive to Cromwell the next day. We all rigged the seating in the van the next morning so that Cam, Tyler, Ashley, Stef and I could all sit together in the two front seats. It was a long drive with again, lots of stopping. However, we got to visit the two really cool glaciers here in NZ; the Fox and the Franz Josef glacier.

Stef and Tyler trying to get the perfect picture.



CROMWELL

There’s only one time when I’ve felt unsafe in New Zealand; that was at this holiday park in Cromwell. Oh man, it was a creepy place. A few minutes after we got there, Tyler and Cameron both cornered me and told me not to go anywhere alone by myself there. We ended up staying up pretty late again looking through pictures in the van and Tyler and Cameron stood guard outside the bathroom while Stef and I brushed our teeth. Cute.

2 comments:

Julie T said...

I feel safer knowing that you two actually have bodyguards! Say, could you understand my french??

Alison Spencer said...

Yes! I forgot to tell you about your french comments. That was perfect French! Did you use a translator?