Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I'm really going!


The fact that I'm going to New Zealand has been pretty abstract for about a year now. It was always something way off in the future, something to be worried about later. Unbelievably, that time has passed!! Now with a mere 22 days until I leave the country there is an amazing amount that I need to accomplish in a relatively short amount of time. As of this afternoon however, I'm feeling good--I have in my possession my passport and plane tickets! It's really happening. Just one more final to finish up today and then it's time to hit the packing. That is sure to be an adventure. Bear with me as I try to teach myself how to manage this blog thing. It's a very new concept for me and I'm doing my best. Merry Christmas to you all!

6 comments:

Stefanie Elyse said...

Ali- GREAT first post! This is really awesome! And god work as far as the blogging goes too. I'm sure my sisters will love it...

Marcindra LaPriel said...

Me too! I'm going!

Julie T said...

Hey Ali! Me too! I'm going too! And I can't believe I'm leaving in only 6 weeks! I will be sure to check your blog so keep up the great work. And if you learn to surf, you have to promise to show me how when I get there. Can't wait to hear your Kiwi accent and sure hope you get to an All Blacks game. If not, just ask and I'll show you my Haka!

Sara said...

Hi Ali--We're so excited about your NZ experiences! I hope you have a chance to drive--driving on the 'other' side of the road is my favorite!

Macsen said...

Miss ya already! Hope the flight wasn't too long ;)

Jennifer said...

Ali! I can't believe you're really in NZ! I hope you are having the time of your life (even though you just got there...). Just don't have so much fun that you forget to drop your sister a line every now and again. I mean, 4th graders are fun, but I could use a little vicarious excitement. :)